Monday, August 25, 2008

Crap Swap - September 19



Click below on the 'comment' button to list what you want and have to swap.




Personally I have a twin bed full of stuff so I'll list it later.




Bring your crap -
Bring crap you swapped from last time to swap again - we won't be offended
let people know what you might need
You do not have to bring lots of stuff to get lots of stuff - there is no 'buy in' :)

Please bring a snack to share


and for your amusement - a Mexican restaurant in Kentucky


9 comments:

erin b said...

1) Why is the Mexican Restaurant poster funny?

2) I have some lovely memory boards (the fabric ones with ribbons to hold photos, notes, etc); also a set of three slate-top tables...I'll probably just bring photos since they are weighty; lots of other stuff

Anonymous said...

I have stuff that students setting up house might need:
*a couple of plastic milk crates that also can hold hanging files
*a small desk lamp
*a large stainless steel collander
*a set of 12 correl dinner plates; if I play my cards right there may also be matching small plates and possibly bowls.
*a ceiling mounted lighting fixture
That's what I remember for now-

Anonymous said...

Books:
Julie and Julia
The Undomestic Goddess
Adored
How Clean is your House?
A Knight in Shining Armor
The Complete Home Decorator

Clothes:
I have some of my clothes, Orin's clothes and Orin's mom's clothes. Surprisingly stylish...

A box of carousel horses that I was supposed to sell for my mom on craigslist and never did

A massage/heat pad for a chair
A foot spa
A parafin wax hand dipper

Penguin foot massagers

Copper hanging baskets
belly dance video

manicure kits from Target's dollar bins

tanning goggles

a box of Jolene's stuff from the last swap

old Oprah and Real Simple magazines
(I'll probably put them in the St Margaret's bin if no one wants them)

and other random things

Katie P said...

I have a few purses, a dry erase board, some towels (I do believe they're complete sets with hand towels and wash cloths).... and my housemate has A TON of stuff from curtains (brand new), to clothes, to office supplies (organizing trays etc).

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of random stuff:

iron
4 cute green dinner plates
some clothes
a few books
shoes
a few purses
coffee travel mug
portable CD player w/speakers
other stuff i can't remember

jo sasser said...

I have . . .

picture frames
photo albums
books
some holiday items (Halloween / Christmas)

There will be more. We are taking this opportunity to clean out some of Georgia's toys, and there might be some stuff coming from friends.

Jolene

Unknown said...

I have the following items:

- Parafin Wax Hand Dipper
- Turtle Wax Car Waxer
- Large Plastic Dog Kennel
- Dog Potty Training Mat & Pads
- Fireplace Tools
- Small White Deak Lamp
- Various School Supplies
- Various Kitchen Utensils, etc.
- One Person Camping Tent
- Sleeping Bag
- Various Camping Cooking Items
- Various Wall Decor Items
- A Few Purses
- Luggage
- Lots of Other Stuff!

Erin said...

Jolene needs this stuff:

Below you will find a list of items that I am collecting. Some are for my latchkey projects, some are for my own use, some are for experiments. Many on the list are things that may otherwise be found in the trash, so please let me recycle them! I appreciate your help.

playing cards (I don't need full decks - just whatever ones are left!)
scrap paper
fresh flowers (like, if somebody has a wedding and is just going to pitch all the flowers at the end of the night - I'll come get them!)
tasteful magazines (appropriate for children)
puzzle pieces
sturdy boxes (like shoe boxes)
game boards, especially older ones
game pieces (scrabble tiles, monopoly pieces, colored peg markers, etc)
buttons
beads
hard-bound books (please, only if they are not readable)
fabric remnants
CDs/DVDs, no longer usable
film canisters
any type of container
embroidered tablecloths, hankies, pillow cases
doilies
magnet tape
stickers
glitter
sequins
smooth pebbles
markers
craft paint
paint brushes
random craft items (popsicle sticks, pom poms, goggly eyes, etc)
tissue paper
greeting cards
ribbon
lace
thread
old crayons
milk cartons
wrapping paper
old keys
stamps (used postal stamps or otherwise)
stencils
wooden ice cream "spoons"

jo sasser said...

I ALSO have . . .

* a queen sized quilt, handmade by the quilting ladies at Immaculate Conception. It is mostly peaches with some greens. From a distance it is quite lovely. Will likely donate it to next year's quilt bingo if nobody wants it.

* a full (or queen?) duvet cover with matching pillow sham(s) (need to check if I have one or two).

* a large, waterproof messenger bag


I will try to bring it all with me.